7 Text Messaging Stats that Will Make You Wonder Why You’re Not Texting CustomersPosted: June 20, 2018 - By Elizabeth Velez
Text messaging is more than a communications tool – it’s a retention tool. From faster responses to more referrals, if you’re not texting your customers – here are 7 stats that will make you wonder why.
1. 97% of Americans use text messaging.
2. 75% of millennials think that text is a helpful way to receive appointment reminders.
3. 19% of millennials don’t check their voicemails.
4. It only takes 90 seconds for a response to an average text message.
5. 77% of consumers aged 18-34 will have a more positive perception of a company that has text messaging capabilities.
6. Customers are 28% more likely to recommend a company to friends if it offers a text messaging capability.
7. The response rate to a text message is 8x higher than the response rate to an email.
So if you’re looking for a quick way to get a customer to gain a follower on social media, redeem a coupon, or learn about a promotion – send them a text message. Make sure timing is in line with your hours of operation, but not late at night like 9PM when some people’s evenings may be winding down.
After you’ve sent your text campaigns, make sure to look at your opt-out rates for each message to know what works for your audience. If your opt-out rate is high, you may want to consider trying new messaging.