A Step-by-Step Guide to Sending Your First Email CampaignPosted: March 30, 2017 - By Allison Doyle
One of the most powerful features of Demandforce (and one our customers like the most) is our ability to create custom emails for your customers.
Did you know?
Demandforce customers who use custom email campaigns see a 30% open rate* on their emails.
*Based on a subset of 2016 Demandforce data.
78% of Demandforce dental practices** send email campaigns to their patients.
70% of Demandforce auto shops** send email campaigns to their customers.
*Based on 2016 Demandforce data.
Why email campaigns are important
Emails can be used to build loyalty and trust around your business, and has one of the highest ROI’s of any marketing you’ll send. For every dollar you spend on email marketing, you get $38 in return!
With a platform like Demandforce, you can easily send and customize one-click email campaigns to your customers. Demandforce offers a variety of ready-made templates to help you connect and communicate with your current base.
Here are just a few of the emails you can send:
- Promotions and special offers
- Industry-specific ready-made newsletters
- Holiday and birthday greetings
- Referral campaigns
- Special event invitations and business milestones
- Customer appreciation
- Recommended services and recall reminders
A step-by-step guide to sending your first email campaign
If you’re ready to create your first email promotion and you’re a Demandforce customer, you should definitely check out this article to get detailed instructions on how to set up your promotion or newsletter. Here we’ll cover a broader outline of the steps.
- Pick your promotion – think about what you want to gain from sending this promotion. What is your goal? Are you trying to attract more customers? Are you celebrating a specific upcoming event, holiday, or milestone? Are you launching a referral or customer appreciation campaign?
HINT: if you’re searching for ideas, check out the CAMPAIGNS tab in Demandforce, for suggestions and examples of our ready-made templates.
- Customize the content – In order to foster a strong relationship with your customers, you need to make sure you’re sending them the right message, at the right time. Don’t send out a generic or sloppy-looking email. Not only will you see low conversions, but you also risk spurring opt-outs and losing repeat business.
- Select your audience – Now that you’ve created copy that speaks to a certain audience, make sure you’re sending your promotion to that audience. If you’re using Demandforce, you can do this easily. You can even choose to CREATE YOUR OWN CRITERIA and define your audience using customer data pulled directly from your CMS. Once you’ve defined your list, you can review it and even remove individual customers from the send, if you so choose.
- Schedule delivery – Pick the time and date to send your promotion. You can choose to send it immediately, or schedule it for the future. Demandforce customers can even set recurring campaigns.
- Track your results – It’s not enough to just send your email, you need to track your results so you can learn from what you send out! If you’ve sent a campaign out through Demandforce, you can view data such as: the total sent, the total opened, and the clicks. This is all easily accessed within the Demandforce dashboard.
Have more questions about how to send your first email campaign? If you’re a Demandforce customer, visit our Help Center for dozens of helpful articles. If you’re new to Demandforce and want to learn how you can save time and attract new customers with custom, targeted email campaigns, visit www.demandforce.com or call us at (800) 220-1136.
- Company Announcements
- Demandforce Customers
- Email Marketing
- Listing management
- Marketing Advice
- Medical Practices
- Reputation Management
- salon marketing
- Small Business Tips
- Social Media Secrets
- spa marketing
- Voice Search
- Website Marketing